Saturday 26 October 2013

Apple Orchards & The Largest Living Thing

Dress - Bonne Chance (similar) | shoes - Asos | bag - Thrifted | brooch - gift from my friend Katie

I'm obsessed with the dresses from Bonne Chance collections. I've started checking the site every few days, which basically is just a really bad idea because it's made me buy all of these dresses from them. Well, I've only bought 3 (so far) but ohhhh boy, I want them all. If someone could design a store just for me then this would be it. Cute/kitsch prints, vintage fits, flared skirts and pretty collars are a feature of all of their dresses. This particular one that I'm wearing was called the "Apple Orchard" dress, so I thought that this brooch of a cute little apple-picker in red gumboots went perfectly with it! 

Now a note about these shoes. I was dumb and ordered something off Asos *sigh* because my last pair of black flats were worn out, and I couldn't find anything else that was just simple, cute and comfy and didn't have a heel. And they were on sale. Well, guess what happened - they broke basically as soon as I wore them. They zip up at the back (so that you don't have to undo and redo all those buckles each time you wear them), and on the left shoe the zip keeps coming apart. It happens about 5 minutes into wearing them, and although it can be fixed... it breaks again and again, making them very frustrating to wear. I'm trying to think of a way to fix them - maybe I'll just have to sew the zip up to keep it closed! But it just goes to show that these things aren't made to last.

Even though I'm not a superstitious person in the slightest, I'm putting this all down to karma. I strayed from my decision to make more ethical shopping choices, and I was taught a lesson. Fair point, universe, fair point.

Have you ever thought that the largest living thing on Earth was the Blue Whale? This video might just make you change your mind, as well as changing your ideas about what a "living thing" actually means.
Video is by Henry from Minute Earth (who I met in August, woo!)

I hope you've all had a great day so far!








Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter |  Instagram | Chictopia | Lookbook | Tumblr

17 comments:

  1. Oh Annika, this dress is gorgeous on you! I love Bonne Chance. And that brooch is so adorable!!

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the dress and the brooch is so cute. too bad the shoe keeps breaking down :( it looks quite versatile tho

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute dress, specially the pin!

    MUTIARATOAGO.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg that video was aaaawesome!! It makes me want to travel to all the different places and see all of these cool plants. I'm always excited for when you post stuff like this.

    Also, your hair looks suuuper cute in these photos. :) Hope school is going well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful dress! You look like such a cute little elf!

    Becky
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is I think the cutest outfit I have ever seen! Don't change your hair color it looks perfect on you!
    I think this is the first time I read a bad word about "Asos" on a blog, because they have collaborations with almost every blog I follow, and I am glad someone agreed with me! It is a nice thing to have people sending you free stuff to put their logo on your blog, but come on! Everyone being so grateful that they keep saying nice things about obviosly crappy clothing? I don't say everything they sell is crapy, but I have seen a lot of their stuff in person and it's just not that good. Now about the zipper - I'm not sure my english is good enough to explain it so I made you a picture! (http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=8_img_20131026_154657.jpg ) Use pliers to press both sides of zipper and if it keeps breaking up just sew it.
    BTW I had my mind blown when I managed to imagine how big whales are and how big dinosaurus used to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness!!! This is so so so very helpful!! :) I hope this works out! Thank you a billion times! :D I'll let you know if it fixes it!

      Ah, that makes me really sad. I've always made a point about writing that something is bad even if it was sponsored (case in point). I think bloggers are too scared of losing their sponsors if they say that they weren't good (why would they want them anyway, if they're not good?). But this is just so dishonest, and will end up making heaps of other people buy bad quality clothes after seeing someone else wearing them, and then be upset!

      Delete
    2. Yup, that is why I love your blog since I've discovered it :)
      Hope that will help you, those shoes are to pretty not to work :)

      Delete
  7. GREAT dress! and love your cute cute pin. so zakka <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so cute! I love gingham, that dress is just adorable and it suits and flatters you heaps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! Thank you so very much Annika!! You are the absolute bee's knees :) You look so incredibly adorable!! We love how you styled this!! That brooch looks so perfect with the dress!! We cannot thank you enough for your kindness and support :) It means the absolute world to us <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhh, that dress is gorgeous! It's a shame the shoes from ASOS are so defective ... they're absolutely adorable and go so well with the outfit!

    xo dani @ sage and spice

    ReplyDelete
  11. Annika you look amazing as always! Everything seems to look cuter on you <3 The video was so great to watch. I love learning new things and this subject was very interesting :)
    Chamomile Dealer

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love everything about Bonne Chance! You look amazing.

    Love, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I friggin love this outfit. That brooch? omg.
    I love Bonne Chance, too, but never get to the dresses I want in time! Size M always sells out so quick...

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message! I read every single one. Don't forget to check back for a reply if you leave a question! ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails