Monday 13 October 2014

Triple Pineapple

Shirt is thrifted | earrings c/o I Love Crafty | pinafore c/o Sheinside (old) | shoes from Naot | brooch is handmade

I have named this post triple pineapple because I am wearing:
  1. Pineapples on my ears
  2. Pineapples all over my shirt
  3. Pineapple-printed underwear. Okay, so you can't see these (I didn't feel comfortable flashing the entire internet), but they totally make a difference & contribute to the pineapple-y-ness of the outfit! Does anyone else ever go out wearing cute undies, knowing that no one is going to see them but feeling like they've helped contribute to your outfit regardless, just because you know they are there?
I wanted to give off some tropical, summery vibes with this outfit, so I added an ice-cream brooch, pastel lipstick and this pinafore. The pinafore has for some reason always reminded me of the uniform of somebody who sells ice cream. Is anyone else getting that vibe, or is it just me?

I also need to give a shout out to I Love Crafty, who is the creator of these incredible pineapple earrings! I've been waiting literally all winter for the weather to warm up so that I could wear them. They're got the perfect amount of cute & novelty in my opinion - and I'm pretty sure they're going to be on high rotation on my earlobes this summer.

That's all from me today, I hope you're having a good one,







Bloglovin' | Youtube | Facebook | Twitter |  Instagram | Chictopia | Lookbook | Tumblr

10 comments:

  1. I love this look! I think the pastel lipstick adds something spectacular to it. I would also love to see something like this paired with some of lime crime's unique pastel colours, like their mint green.

    I'm so jealous that you can rock red hair + pink though, I never could! My love of pink took me back to blonde, le sigh...

    Xo

    Ellen

    www.ellenbourne.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with this outfit! And yes! I do feel loads better when my underwear is matching my outfit, but these days are few and far between!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love this, that skirt is so amazing and the dress is adorable, the pineapples definitely add to it <3

    The Quirky Queer

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! And you're not the only one who thinks the pinafore looks like an ice-cream seller's uniform. I see it, too!
    Haha, oh, sometimes my underwear definitely makes me feel more put-together! Especially if it inadvertently matches in color, or is just really pretty.
    xo
    Kristina
    www.eccentricowl.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been seeing ILC all over the place. I really need to jump on that bandwagon since earrings like that exist from them!

    Also I'm kind of enamored with your lip color. You pull off the pastel SO WELL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those earrings are just beautiful and so summery! Love the pinafore and lipstick shade too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE pineapples...have them on my blog design actually! I've been stalking I Love Crafty for her mermaid items...so on my wishlist. This is adorable and yes I LOVE wearing pretty underwear...it just puts an extra bounce to your step, doesn't it?

    ♡ Regina ♡
    Margarita Bloom: Beauty & Fashion
    Blog / GFC / Facebook / Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous look, the lipstick looks amazing and so are the ear rings! xo
    amber love

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute! Love the sneaky little ice block
    xx

    http://alexinwanderlust.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  10. Annika, you are seriously awesome. I have been following your blog for a long time, and what you said in your 3-year-blog-anniversary post was really encouraging to me. I think you are always trying new things and finding hilarious combinations of jewelry and patterns. You have literally inspired me to start my own fashion blog, and I wanted to ask if you would check it out. I know my pictures suck lol I'm getting better. Thank you for your inspiration! (Also I put your button on the side of the blog... shoutout!!) Love, Natasha

    http://haphazardlypreppy.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message! I read every single one. Don't forget to check back for a reply if you leave a question! ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails