Wednesday 2 December 2015

THE STYLE PILE - a new series!

I have this box, sitting in my craft room, that’s filled with half-finished projects and clothes that I thrifted, AGES ago, with the intention of fixing and doing something cute with them, but have ended up ignoring by throwing them in this box to never think about them again. And it’s turning into a bit of a problem. 

This inspired a new youtube series.
In each episode of this new series I’m going to randomly grab an item out of this box and finally fix it, until the box is empty. This series is mostly going to be focused on simple fixes, so they’ll be pretty short little videos, but hopefully they will help teach you some simple sewing techniques and cover more of the basics, and at the same time help you to make your clothes cuter/better! Anyway, I hope you enjoy this new series - I’m really excited about it! 

Episode 1:


Episode 2:









Bloglovin' | Youtube | Facebook | Twitter |  Instagram | Chictopia | Lookbook | Tumblr

4 comments:

  1. I love this series already! I'm not a crafter, but I definitely buy things at op-shops and say things like, 'Oh if I just tweak this part then I'll wear it' - but never do. Clearly I'm not the only one.

    I think little fixes like this are super important for everyone to learn. We might all waste less if we can do things to clothing that will make them wearable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! To be totally honest I watched on mute because the baby is asleep but it was still awesome and I look forward to more. I have a similar, but smaller, pile myself that I should get on with, so the inspiration is good too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a good concept, I'm sure everyone can relate to this as well (i.e. clothes which need a button sewn back on, even to the more complicated fixes for items we bought thrift shopping and have fallen out of love with!)

    secret-hipster.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea - maybe this'll inspire me to dig up some items from my "I'm gonna fix this later" pile, because I definitely do have that kind of pile. Or two. (Maybe three. Plus a few boxes. *ahem* :D)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message! I read every single one. Don't forget to check back for a reply if you leave a question! ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails